K-BRIDGE ECDIS FAMILIARIZATION COURSE (Type-specific)
After the successful completion of the course, the participant should be able to:
- Understand the K-Bridge ECDIS system overview
- Operate the system with all available functions in order to navigate safely under all conditions
- Explain the system's menu structure
- Explain and utilize the system's display setup
- Set safety values
- Recognize alarm and malfunction indicators and actions to be taken
- Planning and validating routes
- Monitor routes on the system
- Change over to backup systems
- Install and update charts and licenses
- Type-specific familiarization training on the K-Bridge ECDIS
- Basic operations
- Navigation tools and functions
- Setting of safety parameters
- Sensor inputs and alarm handling
- Route planning, validation and monitoring
- Charts management
- Chart installation and updates
The training will be a combination of theoretical lessons and practical exercises.
Entry Requirement / Target Group:
Entry to this course is open for Navigating (deck) Officers with basic navigation knowledge.
On completion of the course, there is an assessment to assure that all learning objectives are met. The assessment has 70% pass limit.
A Certificate of Completion is given to each candidate who fulfills the Course.
This Course conducted only upon request.