K-Sim® DP Advanced
K-Sim® DP, Advanced comprises a dual redundant K-Pos DP operator console and a DP controller. The system is connected to an instructor station with dedicated operator functions to control the various vessel settings and introduce various levels of faults to occur in the exercise.
The realism and quality of the training will increase by extending the simulator with a visual scene and by adding bridge equipment. This will allow more procedural training and new types of courses.
Training Equipment and Facilities
K-POS DP Trainer Class B (K-Sim DP Simulator)
DP Features for the Advanced Trainer K-Sim® DP Advanced is a multi task simulator for instrumentation or blind DP manoeuvring, joystick manoeuvring and position keeping. The system satisfies Nautical Institute DP Simulator Class Nl-8., featuring:
- K-Pos user interface with the same information and settings that can be found onboard a K-Pos equipped vessel
- Automatic Station-keeping including position change, heading change, autopilot and auto track
- Manual joystick operation
- Simulated vessel behaviour
- Simulated position-reference systems and sensors
- Simulated thruster performance
- Adjustment of simulated wind and current
Compliant with Standards & Regulations
Certified according to DNV GL and fulfils maritime training standards