This course covers essential aspects of electrical fundamentals and provides knowledge & ability in the detection, analyses, and repair of faults on electrical equipment & systems. It is designed for Electricians and Engineer Officers.
In particular, the course shall enable trainees to:
- Perform safe and proper operating procedures of using common test instruments
- Read, interpret, and draw basic circuit diagrams for lightings, transformers, motors, and fundamental motor starters and controllers.
- Setup wiring assembly & connection for common lighting fixtures and circuitry, transformers, single-phase and three-phase motors as well as its fundamental starters and controllers.
- Trace and rectify common faults on lighting circuits, transformers, motors and starters.
- Perform safe and proper maintenance on storage batteries used onboard vessels.