The course is intended for Junior and Senior Deck & Engine Officers engaged in tanker vessel operation. It provides practical understanding of the various aspects of the vetting process in view of establishing readiness and to effectively manage and deal with SIRE inspection, integrating appropriate behavioral aptitude, thus achieving desired result.
The course largely takes into consideration the latest industry standards & guidelines regarding vetting process and OCIMF tools and recommendations.
The human factor is integrated in the course emphasizing the value of behavioral competence with involvement of behavior specialist.
Course Aims & Objectives:
Upon completion of the course, participants should be able to:
• Obtain overview of the rules and importance of SIRE inspection and the key factors for undergoing vetting inspections successfully
• Describe the different arrangement & stages of the SIRE inspection process and identify the critical elements in each stages to ensure readiness of vessel for inspection at all times
• Discuss ways of effectively managing and dealing with the SIRE inspection process in view of achieving desired results
• Analyze observations and properly respond to vetting inspection finding
• Recognize behaviors to be adopted and those to be avoided during vetting inspection process and consequently interact appropriately with Vetting Inspectors
Coverage / Program Focus:
The course deals with the following subject & training areas:
1. Introduction: Rules, Purpose, and Industry Drivers
2. The Ship Inspection Report (SIRE) Programme
3. The Vetting Process
4. Behavioral Elements & Competencies
5. Dealing with Vetting Inspectors
Combination lecture and interactive class discussion reinforced with case study/workshop activities that are directly focused on onboard scenarios.
Entry Requirement / Target Group:
Entry to this course is open to both Junior and Senior Deck & Engine Officers engaged in tanker vessel operation. Superintendents and other officers with similar capacity/responsibility may as well highly benefit from attending this course.
A Certificate of Completion is given to each participant who fulfills the Course.
This course shall be conducted only upon request.