This 1-day course primarily deals with the essential topics covering aspects of regulations and preparation & approach for compliance with the 2020 Global Sulphur Cap in accordance with resource availability, technology, and industry guidelines with emphasis on fuel oil changeover to compliant fuels and principles & application of Scrubber System using Kongsberg Engine Room Simulator.
Course Aims & Objectives:
The course aims to provide awareness and understanding of the relevant & recent regulations and the different options/solutions leading to due enforcement and compliance to the 2020 “Global Sulphur Cap”
Coverage / Program Focus:
The course essentially deals with the following topic areas:
- Regulatory & Enforcement Framework (2020 IMO Fuel Sulphur Regulation)
- Risk of Non-Compliance
- Overview of the Different Compliance Options with the 2020 “Global Sulphur Cap”
- Prevailing Issues and Challenges
- Practical Approach to Compliance as per Industry Guidelines
- Fuel Oil Changeover (Low Sulphur Fuel)
- SOx Scrubber for Main Engine
The conduct of the course delivery primarily employs lecture-presentation with interactive class discussion, reinforced with simulation / modeling.
Entry Requirement / Target Group:
Entry to this course is sea-going marine officers and other personnel engaged in the operation & management of fuel onboard vessel.
A Certificate of Completion is given to each participant who fulfills the Course.
This course shall be conducted only upon request.