“Everything rises and falls on leadership” (John Maxwell), while everyone either succeeds or sinks on values. Leadership and Values have great impact on personal, professional and organizational productivity and success. This four-day training-workshop is designed to infuse sound Principles, Purpose, Process and Passion of an inspiring leadership to maritime officers. Thus, when applied, this will make them – “The kind of leader people want to follow”.
A leader equipped with the right approach to people of different cultures, colors and creeds for the implementation of quality, health, safety and environmental policies onboard and onshore. A values-based leadership course that ensures teamwork to achieve the organization’s goals and objectives.
Course Aims & Objectives:
This course aims to provide applied knowledge and practical
understanding of the following:
- Gain knowledge, understanding and skills of the five levels (5A’s) of leadership;
- Discuss the purpose, process and passion of leadership;
- Develop positive values and culture to effectively lead others;
- Apply the principles of leadership to daily activities;
- Add value to people, to the planet and to the productivity and profitability of the organization;
- Create maximum impact to customer satisfaction, crew retention and business expansion.
Coverage / Program Focus:
The course essentially deals with the following
I. Introduction to Leadership and Values
- Developing Leaders of Character, Competence and Courage
- The Kind of Leader People Want To Follow
- The Impact of Leadership to Health, Safety and Productivity
II. Leadership Principles: The Five Levels (A’s) of Maritime Leadership
- Authority (Rank): Assertiveness vs. Aggressiveness
- Association (Relationship): Building Positive Relationships Across Cultures
- Accomplishment (Result): Cooperation and Collaboration for Results
- Assistance (Reproduction): Mentoring and Coaching Future Leaders
- Admiration (Respect): The Highest Level of Leadership
III. Leadership Purpose
- Promote Unity
- Provide Strategic Direction
- Key Performance Indicators
IV. Leadership Process
- Personal Development Plan
V. Leadership Passion
- Passion Propels a Leader to Fulfill His Vision
Lecture, interactive discussion, workshop, case study, demonstration, role play and video clip presentation.
Entry Requirement / Target Group:
This course is open to all officers of merchant ships of any type; no other formal qualifications are required.
A Certificate of Completion is given to each participant who satisfactorily fulfills the Course.
This course shall be conducted only upon request.