Course Aims & Objectives:
After the course the successful participants are able to:
- Identify and exchange faulty units with spares from stock onboard to bring the K-Pos system back into operation
- Perform correct periodic maintenance
- Communicate with Kongsberg Maritime service personnel when assistance is needed
Coverage / Program Focus:
- Introduction to DP technology and principles
- System arrangement, DP class requirement
- Cable layout own vessel
- General information, sensors, position reference systems, thrusters, power
- Main functions and practical use
- Operator station, function, backup/restore, alarm system
- Process station, function, system interface, network,
- Preventive and corrective maintenance
The training will be a combination of theoretical lessons and practical exercises. During the first part of the course, participants will be taught DP principles and basic operation to better understand the purpose of the system and its peripheral equipment. Each participant will have his own operator station. The main part of the course will focus on technical aspects and fault finding. The technical bridge in the training center will be used for the practical exercises, during which the class will be divided into two groups.
Entry Requirement / Target Group:
General knowledge of electronics and computer-based control systems.
A Certificate of Completion is given to each participant who fulfills the Course.
- 28 Jan-1 Feb
- 25-29 Mar
- 27-31 May
- 15-19 Jul
- 23-27 Sep
- 25-29 Nov