This course is intended for seafarers and shore staff engaged in Maritime Sector. It deals with the key principles of Behavior-Based Safety Programs, MCA’s Human Element, Maritime Crew Resource Management, Safety & Risk Management System, and Leadership Articles that are congruent to the industry’s best management ractices, taking into account the guidelines & recommendations of various conventions and regulations relevant to Behavior-Based Safety Culture.
Course Aims & Objectives:
The course aims to provide knowledge & understanding of behavior-based approach & techniques on safety-related policies, procedures, and tasks on workplace setting directed to maritime industry.
Coverage / Program Focus:
The course deals with the following subject areas:
- Behavior-Based Safety (BBS)
- History of BBS, Safety, Creating BBS Culture, Observations, Developing Action Plans
- Human Element and Behavior
- Making sense of things, RISK, Decisions, Making Mistakes, Fatigue, Learning, Working with others Communication
- Safety Leadership
- Safety Leadership, Role of a Leader
- Company's Safety Management System (SMS)
- Company's Own SMS which relate to BBS, Human Element & Behavior, and Safety Leadership
The course shall be conducted employing interactive lectures, class discussion, and workshop activities.
Entry Requirement / Target Group:
Entry to this course is open to all Seafarers and Shore Staffs engaged in Maritime Sector.
A Certificate of Completion is given to each participant who satisfactorily fulfills the Course.