What are the courses offered?
- Bachelor of Science in Marine Transportation – Deck Officer
- Bachelor of Science in Marine Engineering – Engine Officer
What are the accredited schools I will go to?
- University of Cebu Lapu-Lapu and Mandaue (UCLM)
- DMMA College of Southern Philippines (DCSP)
- Lyceum of the Philippines University - Batangas (LPU)
What are the entry requirements?
- 17-23 years old on or before 30 April
- Graduates of Senior High School (K-12)
- Existing college students and tertiary level graduates
- Physically and Mentally fit
- Natural Born Filipino Citizen
- No derogatory records or was convicted/accused of any crime of moral turpitude
How to qualify for the NSA Maritime Scholarship?
- Pass the Written Exam
A whole day exam that covers Math, Science, English and Inductive Reasoning
- Pass the Computer-Based Exam
A half-day exam that covers IQ Test and Psychological Profiling
- Pass the Oral Interview
- Pass the Medical Examination
Is there an exam fee?
- NO, the exam is FREE!
Will I pay for the medical exam?
- Yes, you will pay this to our NSA accredited hospital/clinic.
Can I just proceed to your office to take the exam?
- No, you must fill-up the application form online (Link to Cadet Application Form)
- Download the application form and mail it to us (NTC-Manila, 6th Floor Five E-com Center Building Pacific Drive Ext., Mall of Asia Complex Pasay City, 1300 Philippines). Then wait for our text/call for the schedule of your exam.
When will I be scheduled for the test?
- Exam schedule is on a first apply, first exam basis. You just have to wait for our advice.
What are the materials to bring during the written test?
- Pencil (Mongol pencil #2 only)
- Snacks, lunch and water
How will I know if I passed?
- Passers of the written exam, computer based-exam, oral interview and medical examination will be notified thru text/call. Passers of the written exam and computer-based exam will be posted also on our Facebook account (www.facebook.com/norwegiantrainingcentermanila).
- If you did not receive any text/call, you may follow up thru our landline (02) 779-6830 loc. 134.
How long will I wait for the results?
- 1 to 2 weeks
What are the requirements the applicants should prepare?
- 1 pc 2x2 picture with white background
- Photocopy of Birth certificate (NSO-certified)
- Photocopy of recent grades (this may be partial)
- Photocopy of Transcript of Records or class card (if with college background)
Note: These will be submitted once you passed the written and computer test and you have been qualified for the interview.
Is there a height requirement?
- No, there is none. However, there are companies who have specific height requests.
What does the scholarship cover?
- Free Tuition fee for 1st year and 2nd year
- Free Dormitory fee for 1st year and 2nd year
- Free Food for 1st year and 2nd year
- Upgrading Trainings/Courses
- Board international vessels during your apprenticeship (OJT) with allowance, through your sponsoring company
- 10 Days Structured Shipboard Familiarization
Is there anything that I will shoulder once I pass?
- Toiletries and other personal needs
- Your 4th year expenses (tuition fee, dorm and food). You will save your apprenticeship allowance for this.
Can I take the exam again if I failed?
- Yes, you may apply again in the next school year.
If still have queries, what number should I call?
- (02) 779-6830 loc. 134. Questions and calls will not be entertained via mobile number.